***End-of-Year Award distribution will begin Sunday***
- Final, TEX@STL, 7: Layne misses 17 pitches, 14 of which benefit St. Louis during the Series' only 90.0% game.
- Final, TEX@STL, 6: Cederstrom calls 94.3% during epic Rangers-Cardinals extra inning thriller.
- Final, STL@TEX, 5: Barrett calls Game 5 at 90.7% as the Texas portion of the series concludes.
- Final, STL@TEX, 4: After missing a call at first base the night before, Kulpa rebounds to call a 95.6%.
- Final, STL@TEX, 3: Marquez calls a massive 206 pitches, calling 92.2% during Cardinals rout of Rangers.
- Final, TEX@STL, 2: After calling 96.0% in the DS, Gibson has an impressive performance of 96.1% in the WS.
- Final, TEX@STL, 1: Layne starts off strong with a 94.9% performance; umpires miss 9th inning foul call.
Notes and Archives
TEX@STL, Gm1: HP Umpire Jerry Layne: pfx (34-37 Called Strikes, 97-101 Balls = 94.9%)
TEX@STL, Gm2: HP Umpire Greg Gibson: pfx (38-41 Called Strikes, 86-88 Balls = 96.1%)^
STL@TEX, Gm3: HP Umpire Alfonso Marquez: pfx (59-64 Called Strikes, 131-142 Balls = 92.2%)
STL@TEX, Gm4: HP Umpire Ron Kulpa: pfx (46-50 Called Strikes, 107-110 Balls = 95.6%)
TEX@STL, Gm6: HP Umpire Gary Cederstrom: pfx (50-52 Called Strikes, 133-142 Balls = 94.3%)
TEX@STL, Gm7: HP Umpire Jerry Layne: pfx (53-61 Called Strikes, 100-109 Balls = 90.0%)
Game 1: Infrared: FOX Celebrates New Technology at Expense of Beltre, Rangers [b/r article]
- - Video: Beltre appears to foul ball off his foot in the ninth inning, umpires miss the call
Game 2: Kulpa correctly rules Kinsler safe on stolen base attempt, Molina expresses frustration
Game 3: Kulpa misses "obvious" out call during 1-0 game. Washington argues to no avail.
Game 3: Torre discusses missed call, blasts media for questioning St. Louis native-Kulpa's integrity
Game 6: Marquez delivers a correct out call at third base, after a Napoli-Beltre pickoff
Game 7: MLB Must Rewrite Home-Field Advantage Rule [b/r opinion]
Game 7: Umpire's Strike Zone is not to Blame for Rangers' World Series Loss [b/r article]
*Live accuracy is not available during reviews, challenges, or during suspiciously normalized contests.
'The UEFL reports all sub-90.0% accuracy games as "<90%"
^This plot includes one ball miscategorized as a called strike. The ball call was correct.