For more information about the UEFL draft and selection process, see the 2012 UEFL Rules Book. Note that the draft will occur in March 2012, no umpires will be selected until a draft order has been determined in March.
Any visitor, guest or user may become a league member. There is no cost to register for this league. If you would like to register for the 2012 season, please respond to this post with your requested username. If you participated during the 2011 season, please use the same username or otherwise mention what your username was last season. Do not select umpires during the registration process.
Important: It is recommended that UEFL members be placed on an e-mail list so that we may expeditiously communicate important site-related news, including UEFL draft order. If you wish to be included, click here to e-mail the primary UEFL Commissioner with your username and registration information.
For verification purposes, we also highly recommend that all league members do not post anonymously or with a write-in (Name/URL) username. Blogger's comment system accepts Google, Livejournal, Wordpress, TypePad, AIM and OpenID accounts. The reason for this is so that we may verify your identity during the registration, draft, challenge and case play processes.
Per Rule 6-4-a, the UEFL announces the creation of an Appeals Board that shall routinely rule on issues of Quality of Correctness. Any visitor, guest or user may become an Appeals Board member and may or may not also be a league member. The Appeals Board operates on a voluntary basis only and is a one-year term (no term limits). To apply, you must e-mail the primary UEFL Commissioner with your nomination. If you are interested in nominating yourself for the two at-large Appeals Board vacancies, please consider the following requirements:
- Ability to separate subjectivity from objective analysis;
- Extensive rules knowledge or ability to attain exceptional proficiency without significant disputation of UEFL rule interpretations;
- Ability to objectively and thoroughly analyze plays to determine Quality of Correctness
- Availability to respond to the "Office of the UEFL Commissioner" in a timely fashion. Generally, within 48 hours of being notified of the appeal.
- Board members, including Commissioners, will be required to abstain from ruling on plays involving their drafted umpires (or crews, if applicable);
- Board members with no drafted umpires may request ample abstention from a limited number of appeals if so desired, which may be comparable to appeals abstained from by Board members with drafted umpires.
- November 27, 2011 (Sunday): Registration and Appeals Board nomination processes open
- March 5, 2012 (Monday): Registration process closed
- March 9, 2012 (Friday): Draft order decided and distributed after registrations closed; latest of March 9.
- March 10, 2012 (Saturday): Crew and Primary rounds of the draft open. These rounds will run concurrently.
- March 16, 2012 (Friday): Crew and Primary rounds of the draft closed.
- March 17, 2012 (Saturday): Secondary round of the draft open. This round is conducted publicly and operates according to the draft order that was sent out by March 9, 2012.
- March 23, 2012 (Friday): Appeals Board nominations closed.
- March 24, 2012 (Saturday): Appeals Board voting begins
- March 30, 2012 (Friday): This is the latest day the non-live Secondary draft may close.
- March 30, 2012 (Friday): Appeals Board voting ends
- April 1, 2012 (Sunday): Live Secondary draft. Time TBD. For those participating in the Live Secondary draft, Primary picks may be submitted at this time as well.
- April 2, 2012 (Monday): UEFL rosters and draft results posted
- April 3, 2012 (Tuesday): Last day for roster changes (retirements, pre-season injuries)
- April 4-6, 2012 (Wednesday): Opening Day(s), MLB season begins